Homerton College – New Kitchens
We were approached by the Facilities Manager of Homerton College with the job of updating 34 kitchens within the Halls of Residence over a three-year period.
- Company: Homerton College
- Location: Halls of Residence – Cambridge CB2
- Project Type: 12 New Kitchens
- Value: £96,100
Scope of Works
- Complete removal of old kitchens and site clearance
- Decoration, including tiling
- Installation of fire doors and commercial flooring
- Installation of full kitchen units, worktops and equipment
- Connection to all necessary mains supplies
We had to carry out these works with the least disruption to the college timetable possible. Therefore, it was agreed these works would take place during non-term time. However, the Halls of Residence are frequently hired out throughout non-term time, so we had to liaise carefully with the Facilities Manager to make sure that we did not interrupt their functions.
We also had to ensure that all cupboards had suited locks fitted. Obviously, it was essential that all building and health & safety requirements were adhered to and we supplied only first-class tradesmen to carry out all the elements of this project. Due to the college annual budget allocation these works were spread over three years.
Get in touch today
Do you have a commercial premises that needs refurbishment? Get in touch with us today to get started with a refresh.