Make the right first impression to everyone who sees your business with an impressive reception.
30+ Years of Experience
100% Guaranteed Quality
Friendly Telephone Advice
Get in Touch
Office partitioningquick, simple and cost-effective way to divide workspace
30+ Years Of ExperienceWe've been helping people for over 30 years
100% Guaranteed QualityAll work is guaranteed to ensure quality
Making The Right Impression with Office Reception Design Services
When it comes to office reception design, first impressions say it all. Your reception area is a client’s first experience with your office, and you want to project an air of confidence. A dated and bland reception area can leave clients with a poor image of your business. So, it is vital that you invest in the right reception furniture for your office.
Here at GDL Interiors, we can create the perfect office reception design that will offer guests the best impression every time.
Some of the clients that have used us for their reception design include:
- East Thames Housing Association
- Holborn Links
- Coln Housing Association
Free of charge visit and no obligation quotation
We offer free on-site surveys that will establish everything you need to create an attractive reception area. From the right reception seating to quality decor that creates a welcoming atmosphere, we can help design a reception area you will be proud of.
We have a dedicated support team ready to answer any questions you might have. Our quotations and site visits are free.
The Importance of Office Reception Design
- Your reception area is the place where you greet clients for the first time. In addition, it serves as a waiting area for any guests. As such, everything from the reception seating to the décor needs to project the right image while offering comfort and convenience.
- Good office reception design reflects what your business is all about. It helps create a positive feel for your brand and encourages clients to continue doing business with you.
- If you have the right reception furniture in place, guests can also use the area to find out more about your business. Well-placed information about the business’s history and culture will give potential clients a good impression before you meet them.
- Well-designed office reception design will create a welcoming atmosphere for both guests and current employees alike. This will have a positive impact on your business and make staff feel a part of the team.
Get A Free Quotation Today!
If you are interested in commercial blinds for your office. Simply fill out your details below and a member of the team will be in touch:
More Information on Reception Design:
Your reception area is often the first point of contact that your clients will get with your company and therefore it is imperative that the right image is achieved in order that your clients, shareholders and visitors are greeted with a positive first impression and one that makes them feel at ease.
When creating your reception area there are several factors that need to be taken into consideration:
Available Floor Space
The first part of designing a reception area is to assess the space available, taking into account the entry point of the visitor so that they are immediately greeted with the desired visual effect you wish to project.
Condition of Walls and Floor
The condition of the walls and floor are critical to the design. If they are currently in a bad condition the new design must incorporate products to address this.
Other aspects to be taken into consideration:-
- Incorporate Company Logo/Branding
- Budget available
- Colour Schemes
- Regulatory requirements
- Time scales
- Sight lines from the Reception desk
- Wheelchair access
We provide all clients with a free of charge, on-site visit to establish your requirements.
A full site survey will be carried out and a detailed brief will be developed based on the aspects above. Then using all the information gathered at the site meeting we will create a design package to achieve your desired end result.
- When creating our design package, we will consider what impact the initial view of your reception area will create for your clients, whether that’s a quiet relaxed atmosphere or a vibrant lively feel.
- We will ensure the design adheres to the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and current Health and Safety legislation. For example, the DDA states that it would expect the reception desk to have a low-level section and ideally this should have a clear area underneath to enable the wheelchair user to get closer to the counter. Also, the reception area should contain enough space for a wheelchair user to complete a full turning circle.
- We will consider the height/width of the reception counter/desk in relation to whether the receptionist will be seated or standing, how much security is needed, the positioning angle from the entrance and your choice of materials.
- We will supply costs for all floor and wall coverings, reception furniture, lighting and accessories. All products will be sourced from high-quality suppliers and eco-friendly product quotes can be provided when required.
Reception Area Seating
With seating, it is important to consider the materials/fabrics you will need to use. They will need to be hard-wearing, fade resistant and cleanable.
We have found that the majority of our clients like the seating areas to match the corporate logo colours. This creates a consistent look and feel, particularly when the business logo is displayed prominently in the reception area, which we recommend is part of the reception area design. Most suppliers of reception furniture will adapt their stock to accommodate most colours.
In addition to the reception desk and seating, generally, some form of table is placed within the seating area to either display literature or for visiting clients personal use. This depends entirely on the space available. When choosing this item of furniture again we would want to carry the overall theme of the reception design either selecting a table made from the same material as the main reception desk or incorporating the colours of the corporate logo.
Reception Floor Covering
Reception floor covering is also another major design area to be considered. It must of course be covered in an extremely hard-wearing cleanable fireproofed product, of which we have many different options available.
For high traffic areas, carpet tiles can work well as individual tiles can be replaced when damaged, keeping the reception flooring looking smart for longer. Other alternatives are ceramic/vinyl tiles.
If the area is large, then the corporate logo could be incorporated in the floor covering.
Reception Wall Coverings
Wallcovering is another area that needs to be chosen carefully. Again, a durable hard-wearing, cleanable, fire-resistant finish must be achieved of which we can offer a huge range of suitable products. Once we have developed a design brief, we will put forward our wall covering recommendations and options for you to consider.
Lighting within the reception area varies from one profession to another and vastly depends on the overall ambience the client wishes to achieve. In some instances, such as in dental/doctors’ receptions, bright lighting is required due to the amount of paperwork/computer work undertaken at these desks. The same type of lighting would normally be installed within retail outlets. Other receptions such as a spa or health centre may require a calmer, softer and relaxed lighting arrangement.
We can supply lighting options to suit all types of commercial premises. Our recommended lighting options are included within the design package quotation to complement the overall design.
Accessories are greatly used in a vast majority of reception areas and can indeed enhance the overall look and feel of the area.
- Large real or artificial plants can make a striking addition, and these can be either purchased outright or maintained and changed on a regular basis by specialised firms.
- Paintings are another great room enhancer and along with clever lighting can dramatically transform a blank wall.
- Display shelving or free-standing racks for leaflets may also be incorporated to provide information and interest to visitors.
A range of accessory options will be included in our proposal to create an attractive and stylish finished design.
GDL Interiors – Get in touch today
Here at GDL Interiors we not only offer bespoke office reception designs, but also glass manifestations, reception seating and desks, storage, safety screens and more. All our design options can be tailored to your business’s unique corporate logo and colour scheme. To find the right solution for your office design needs, speak with us today to transform your office and make the right first impression with reception design services.